- Your health
- Take care of yourself
- Women's health at any age
- Folic acid and multivitamins
- Reproductive life planning
- Men's health
- Health care providers
- Public health programs
- About us
Tips on taking multivitamins
OK, I have my bottle, but I always forget to take them!
Starting a new habit is not easy. Women who have been successful in taking vitamins every day usually include it as part of their usual routine in the morning or at night. For example, keep your bottle by the cereal box or the coffee maker, on the kitchen table, near your car keys or by your toothbrush. Use a reminder sticker on the mirror or write a note to yourself in your calendar. Some women even begin the habit of taking a multivitamin every day as they are trying to get their children to start taking them. Make it a habit for the whole family and multivitamins will become a way of life!
Follow these tips to make your new habit as easy as possible:
- Combine taking a multivitamin with another everyday activity, such as brushing your teeth.
- Place your bottle of multivitamins where you’re likely to see it.
- Try chewable multivitamins if you have trouble swallowing regular multivitamins.
- Try taking a multivitamin with food or at night if it upsets your stomach.
- Buy generic multivitamins: They can be as effective as name brands and often cost less.
- Check the expiration date on the bottle.